3-7pm Peak Tips for Homes
SAVE MONEY & STAY COMFORTABLE DURING PEAK TIMES
Save up to 20% by adjusting your AC, especially when you use a programmable thermostat
- Set your AC 5° higher when you’re gone more than 4 hours.
- Between 3 and 7 p.m., aim for 1-2° warmer than your final evening temperature. Try to keep it at 78° or higher.
- Use fans to stay 4-6 degrees cooler.
- Set the AC to cool down after 7 p.m.
- Run your washer, dryer, or dishwasher in the morning before you leave for work or wait until after 7 p.m.
Save up to 10 watts of energy for every device you unplug. Unplugging just 6 devices that you normally leave plugged in can save up to $40 a year.
- All electrical devices use some power when they’re turned off but still plugged in. They also generate heat.
- Turn off and unplug appliances and cable boxes when not in use.
- Unplug your phone charger and similar devices when charging is complete.
- Use a timer to turn off lights and appliances when you’re away.
- Use a microwave, outdoor grill, or slow cooker. In the summer, your stove and oven heat up the house. This makes your AC work harder.
- Set your pool pump to run early in the morning or overnight.
- Save up to 20% by adjusting your AC, especially when you use a programmable thermostat