6-9am and 4-8pm Peak Tips for Homes
SAVE MONEY & STAY COMFORTABLE DURING PEAK TIMES
Turn down your heat 1-2° or as low as is comfortable — save even more when you use a programmable thermostat.
- Set or program your heat to 55° when you’re gone for more than 4 hours.
- Between 6 and 9 p.m. and 4 and 8 p.m., turn your heat down 1-2 degrees. Try to keep it at 68° or lower.
- When you are asleep or out of the house, turning your thermostat back 10° to 15° for eight hours can save you up to 10% on your heating bills.
- Run your washer, dryer, or dishwasher after 8 p.m.
Save up to 10 watts of energy for every device you unplug. Unplugging just 6 devices that you normally leave plugged in can save up to $40 a year.
- All electrical devices use some power when they’re turned off but still plugged in.
- Turn off and unplug appliances and cable boxes when not in use.
- Unplug your phone charger and similar devices when charging is complete.
- Use a timer to turn off lights and appliances when you’re away.
- Set your pool pump to run early in the morning or overnight.
- Turn down your heat 1-2° or as low as is comfortable — save even more when you use a programmable thermostat.